Saying Yes!

16:58


Hi guys, so its been a while. This is my first post for my "Wedding Series". I have decided to start this series to bring you all on my journey to my big day!

So as you can guess from the title "Saying Yes", this post is about how Craig popped the question & how Craig, all those years ago, became part of my life!


Friends Forever

Does anyone remember being a kid and at home you had a group of friends who were like family? Ye spent every day of summer together. Hanging around the estate not doing a thing but it was best thing in the world. & if it was miserable outside, everyone huddled into the porch or front room of either of your houses. Those were the days! And that was the first time I met Craig.
Craig's grandparents lived around the corner from my house growing up & Craig was up there quite a bit, so that's how our friendship started.

Drifted Apart

As we grow up life & circumstances change. People go their separate ways. That's life I guess. So as we both grew up, Craig's grandparents moved, so Craig wasn't up to us as much. & then girlfriends & boyfriends came on the scene. Groups of friends changed & we kind of lost contact. I still always thought of him as a close friend, even though we didn't see each other everyday.


1 Vodka, 2 Vodka, 3 Vodka, Floor

I think the heading there may be self explanatory. To cut a long story short I had a little bit too much to drink one night. Went out with a few of the girls & we headed to "Ruby's Nightclub". Was at the bar, having more drink... When I turned around and the first person my eyes met were Craig's! I had not seen Craig in so long, my heart was pounding (that could of been all the alcohol I had consumed at this point). Now I would like to tell you this story is really romantic. We locked eyes across the dance floor, slowly walk towards each other, oblivious to our surroundings & had a long romantic kiss... But unfortunately for me that is not what happened. I rugby tackled him! Yes, you read right, RUGBY TACKLED him! Thankfully my clumsiness didn't make him run a mile.


Tough Times Never Last, Tough People Do

So that's where it all began, in a nightclub. But the road was never easy for us. We have had our ups and downs over the years, with me suffering with mental health to stress and pressures from outside factors. It wasn't always easy, but what ever is. I have suffered with mental health problems for a long time & at times it came between our relationship but Craig never left my side. I would never of blamed him if he did leave because living with someone who has mental health issues can be tough and straining on a relationship. But we came out the other side of it a hell of a lot stronger!


Saying Yes!

So being together nearly 7 years, people were always asking "oh when is the big day?" or when someone else got engaged or married, "Oh ye will be next". Getting engaged was something we only talked about recently enough but I never thought Craig would propose so soon (not that I'm complaining). I bet you're all dying to know how he did it, aren't ya? Well, even if you don't want to know, you're about to find out!
Ok, so this Christmas was our first Christmas living together and it was also the first without my dad. It was really hard not having my dad here to enjoy the holidays with us & Christmas did not mean much to me this year. But.... on Christmas day I opened on my present from Craig that was under the tree, opening it I had no clue what was in it.. When I opened the box, this is what I found...

Talk about a sweetheart!

I will be honest, I did sit on the ground for about 10 minutes bawling my eyes out before he got an answer ( I like to keep him on his toes). But as you know now, I said YES!!


Fiancée or Beyoncé

Is being engaged all its cracked up to be? Too right it is. It has made me feel so much more closer to Craig & knowing that we are planning the rest of our lives together just feels amazing. Oh and calling each other Beyoncé instead of fiancée never gets old.

Thank you so much for reading the first post of my "Wedding Series". I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it.
Stay tuned for my next one.

Love J

Snapchat- Gskies_Slinings
Twitter- Greyskiesjamie
YT- GreySkies SilverLinings
FB- GreySkies, SilverLinings


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Awh his proposal was so sweet. If you think being engaged is that good then be prepared to be buzzin' from marriage! It's the greatest. You already live together so you won't have the bickering about how each other behaves haha! Best of luck with all your wedding plans - if you need anything or want to know about vendors or anything at all you can contact me!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images