Top 10 Moments of 2015

16:23


Hey there guys, it's been a while. Happy New Year to all my followers! Hope everyone had a fab new years. It's been well over a month since my last post. I just haven't had time to sit down and blog, but that's all about to change. So this blog post is a look back on 2015, so here it goes!

Well 2015 is finally behind us and to be honest I thought I would be happy to see it go but I'm not. Weird right?

1.New Years 2015- I rang in the new year with some amazing bunch of people.



2. Darkness Into Light '15- I took part in the "Darkness Into Light" event in Waterford last May with my mam and one of my best friends. This was the second time I took part in this as I participated in 2014 too. Suicide and self harm is something that is very close to home for me & being able to raise awareness for it is brilliant. If you haven't taken part in this event before, I would highly recommend it. It's such a beautiful experience.



3. Completing First Year of College- Last June I got my result for my first year in college & I PASSED! This was huge for me because as most of you already know I have been in college 3 times since I left school in 2009 & dropped out THREE times. So getting my results was a real proud moment for me. I finally found something I enjoy.



4. KAVOS!- Best holiday to date! I went away on a 2 week holiday in June with 10 of my friends. I had an absolute ball. I would highly recommend it for a group holiday. Just look up about their pluming system first! But other than that it was insane! I went away with my friends & we definitely came back like a family.



5. When the Irish met the Welsh- While we were in Kavos we had the absolute pleasure of meeting a lovely bunch of lads from Cardiff. There was some craic had with these lads! I think we showed them how the Irish drink haha. We defiantly made friends for life with these guys.


6. Dressing Up as Superheroes- One of my highlights from the summer has to be getting to dress up as batgirl with my darling Craig for "Enable Ireland". It's such a fantastic cause to be involved with. We did have good fun being locked away for a while. Even getting heckled by kids was gas too.

7. ED Sheeran- I think I may have actually cried when this guy came on stage. Like, what a man! It was such an amazing concert & it was my first ever concert in Croke Park. It was unreal!





8. The Time We Went to Donegal- If you haven't been to Donegal, I would defiantly say get up there and see it. It is such a beautiful county & there is just so much too see there. I got to meet Craig's dads family up there, it was so lovely. We ate like kings for the few days we were there & I was convinced I came back a stone heavier.
Grianan Aileach Ring Fort, Co. Donegal

Glenveagh National Park, Co. Donegal


9. See You Soon Dad- The most difficult moment of 2015 was Saturday the 5th of September when my dear dad sadly passed away from a sudden heart attack. I can not explain the feeling of losing somebody who you had spoken to a little under 3 hours before they heart took its last beat. Even typing this I have a knot in my stomach. Sometimes it feels like a horrible dream that I am going to wake up from, but I don't. I miss my best friend more and more as the days, weeks, months go on but I know he is right beside me cheering me on. My absolute hero, my dad.



10. Christmas 2015- For obvious reasons Christmas & New Years was extremely hard. Not having dad here for it this year was so tough. We got through it even though there may have been tears along the way. But through the sadness that was felt this Christmas, there was a little glimmer of light. On Christmas day, after nearly 7 years together, my incredible boyfriend asked me to be his wife! I was in total shock ( as you would be) & I definitely was not expecting it. I sat on the floor for about 10 minutes and bawled my eyes out. Craig should of videoed it because I could only imagine what I looked like. But after all the tears, I said yes!!! So now starts the wedding planning! The excitement! For my family, it was a nice end to a really tough couple of months.




So that's the top 10 moments of 2015 for me. Some highs & some lows, but all memories that I will never forget. Thank you to all you guys for supporting me over the past couple of months. Bigger things will be happening for Grey Skies & Silver Linings as I will be starting YouTube videos soon so keep an eye on my Facebook page for updates.

Thanks for reading guys & gals!

J x

SNAPCHAT- Gskies_Slinings
INSTAGRAM- GreySkiesJamie
TWITTER-GreySkiesJamie
FB- Grey Skies & Silver Linings

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images