The Engagement Party

17:33

Hello my friends. Hope you are all well. So I missed my last weeks "Wedding Wednesdays" as I was in bed with the flu. But here it is, the second instalment of my bridal series......

"The Engagement Party"


"Organising an engagement party is just as stressful!"

Ok for me, organising this party was just as stressful as trying to organise the wedding. Am I over exaggerating? Nope! & here is why..
  • Food- Having too much food, having too little food. There is never an in between. And unfortunately for us we had way too much food left over. We were giving trays of chicken to people leaving. Sure who needs a goodie bag & a bit of cake? Few trays of drumsticks, be grand!
  • Numbers- Alright this can happen at anything really, but trying to get numbers for a party is impossible, am I right? Hence why we had too much food.
  • Chatting- Trying to talk to everyone. It was so hard to get around to talk to everyone and thank everyone for coming. I can only imagine what it is going to be like on our wedding day. 
  • The Dress- Obviously trying to find the right outfit for the night is important. Thankfully, I fell in love with my dress from River Island the second I saw it. I doubt it will be that easy for the big day!
  • Makeup- Thankfully this was the last thing I needed to worry about because I knew it would turn out amazing. Thanks to the fabulous Laura Dempsey Makeup, for making me look and feel amazing on the night. Such a talented MUA & who is also booked for my wedding day! Here's a before & after picture-

There were other little bits that stressed the life out of me, but I'm not going to go into it. That's another days work :)


Capturing the Moment

It was so important for me and Craig to have photographs taking on the night. Thankfully a friend of Craig's helped us out (Suzi Photos). Here are some moments captured that night.

The Bridesmaids

Peace n' Pout
The Boyband/ Groomsmen
Mama bear & her 2 cubs
The Maid of Honour/ the sister

Ah would ya look!





The best picture of the night!

Laugh's, Memories & Tear's

So it was a night of mixed emotions. For the majority of the night I was on a high, until it came to thanking everyone. I swore to myself all that week I was not going to cry when it came to talking over the microphone. Low and behold, I cried. But the reason I broke down was not because I was excited to get married (which I am), or the fact there was so much food left over, or my nerves talking in front of a room of people. It was because, even though we had our nearest and dearests there to celebrate the night with us, there was one person missing. My Dad. Looking around that room & not seeing him standing up with his camera mortifying me, was like someone had kicked me in the stomach. It made a lump in my throat & a knot in my stomach. Having so much excitement ahead in the next 2 years & not having Dad here to enjoy it with us, is so hard. But I know he's here egging us on & will be there the day I take my first step down that isle.


A picture can capture a 1000 words.


And there you have it! Our engagement party. I hope you all enjoyed having a read, if you did give it a little thumbs up on FB.
I enjoyed writing this one. A night full of memories.
Till next time guys!
Love J x


Snapchat- Gskies_Slinings
Twitter- Greyskiesjamie
YT- GreySkies SilverLinings
FB- GreySkies, SilverLinings















































You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images