People In Glass Houses...

06:29

When I was growing up the word "Troll" to me was those weird little dolls with the mad hair. But nowadays a "troll" is a person who posts offensive, divisive and controversial comments on social media. And most of the time is setting out to intentionally hurt and upset someone.



It makes me so angry to think that people in this day and age have nothing better to be doing than hiding behind the screen of a phone/computer and are able to just bang out abuse on their keypads/keyboards with no hesitation and no consideration for the other persons feelings.

Over the last couple of days I have seen on a certain social media app that people are able to post random bull**** anonymously and that's fair enough. But when people start using these apps to write absolutely vile and disgusting posts about individual people, they cross a line. Social media for most, is sharing special moments or events with family and friends but these keyboard warriors have ruined it for people.


Some people aren't as thick skinned as others think and something you might think is a bit of "banter" might be extremely hurtful to someone else. Abusing someone because they have made something of themselves is just jealously. And that's what most of it boils down to. Jealousy. These people who post abusive and hurtful comments on social media, I can bet they wouldn't have the courage to say what they think to your face. There is not one person in this entire world that is perfect or that has a perfect life. So what gives these people the right to pass judgment on anybody else's life or the decision they make? Absolutely nothing. Usually the person who shouts the loudest has something they are hiding. So putting other people down is their way of making themselves feel better, which I personally think is pretty sad.

When I was growing up I was bullied verbally and physically by a group of people because of my family situation and because I wasn't a girly girl when I was younger. But back then anything they had to say was said to my face. Obviously it hurt and upset me and took me quite sometime to get over but nowadays this abuse is put up on different social media sites for the whole world to see. Its not just between you and the bully.
A minority of people hate seeing others doing well for themselves or hate the fact that someone else's life might be a bit more exciting so they try to bring you down to their level. Don't ever let these keyboard warriors bring you down. Nobody is perfect not even them. 

Rise above the hate these people throw at you and I can guarantee it will make you a much stronger person. If it can work for me, it can definitely work for you.

"People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

& don't ever change who you are for anyone.

x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images